Non-profit organization helping Ukrainians Receive medical assistance
About LeoDoc Foundation
LeoDoc Foundation is a US based charitable non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. It was incorporated in March 2022, soon after the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The purpose of the foundation is to provide medical assistance to the people of Ukraine and to support the volunteer doctors who work tirelessly to help their fellow countrymen.
The founders of a Ukrainian Telehealth company, Doctor Online, were appalled by the brazen attack on our homeland by the Russian forces and decided to take action. All of us have a personal, direct connection to Ukraine through family and friends and most of our team is still in the country. We had invested time and energy in developing a robust telehealth platform available to use in 157+ countries and saw an opportunity to utilize this tool to connect Ukrainian people in need, with doctors and medical services to help them.
We are a grassroots, entirely volunteer-based organization. Over our short existence, we have utilized our existing network of doctors, hospitals, and medical equipment distributors to help Ukrainians in need receive free medical care.
We continue to work tirelessly for Ukraine during these extremely trying times and want to thank all our donors for their trust and support!
What We Do for Ukrainian People:
- We sponsor Ukranians to receive free medical assistance with doctors(virtual, in-person)
- We raise funds for specific medical procedures for Ukranians in need
- We provide support to evacuate seriously ill adults and children from conflict areas
What We Do for Ukrainian Doctors:
- We support Ukrainian physicians who continue practice medicine in Ukraine
- We support Ukrainian doctors who evacuated the country and want to help remotely
What We Do for Ukrainian Hospitals/Clinics:
- We raise funds to purchase medications to help hospitals/clinics treat patients
- We raise funds to purchase medical equipment to help hospitals/clinics treat patients
What We Do for Foreign Doctors:
- We enable foreign doctor volunteers who wish to help Ukrainians conduct virtual consultations with Ukrainian patients
- We enable foreign specialist doctor volunteers to connect with Ukrainian counterparts to consult on difficult procedures to ensure best outcomes for patients
Ways you can help:
- Donate — You can request to contribute for specific campaigns or a general donation will go to fill the most urgent needs.
- Fundraise — Organize fundraisers at your school, work, place of worship, with friends and family, etc.
- Spread the word — Share our social media posts and pages from Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn with your friends, family, and colleagues. Share in your community by printing and sharing our flyer.
- Connect us — Connect us to someone in your network who can help, if possible.
- Volunteer — Fill out this contact form if you are interested in volunteering with us, and we will let you know when opportunities are available.
How to Access Free Telehealth Consultations
Instructions for Ukrainian Nationals to Access Free Telehealth Services:
1) Download the Doctor Online Assistant App from iOS or Android App Store
2) Register for an account with your Ukrainian Cell Phone #(*required for SMS verification & certification as Ukrainian National). If you don’t have UA # anymore please email supporting documents to verify your Ukrainian Citizenship to [email protected] for special instructions on how to qualify for the program.
3) Select desired date of service, type of appointment(video, audio, chat) and fill out intake form with your personal details to see a list of available doctors.
4) Select an available doctor and schedule/start your consultation.
5) Please leave a review after your visit to ensure we maintain a high quality of service. Should you wish to leave a testimonial of your service please email [email protected]
*Please note due to funding constraints we are only able to sponsor a limited number of full time doctors to provide free consultations to Ukrainian Nationals at this time. Due to patient demand, there may be a wait involved to see a specific doctor for free. Doctor Online platform allows all doctors on their platform to set their desired rates for their services, some doctors choose to provide services pro bono and others for a fee. Please understand that Doctors need to feed their families too and they cannot always work for free. We cannot guarantee a free consultation will be available on demand at all times. For immediate service, paid consultations may be the only available option at the time of your specific visit. Upon securing additional sponsorships/donations, we will be able to sponsor additional doctors to enable us to provide more free visits.
Our results — free consultations
Since Russia launched a full-scale military invasion into Ukraine on February 24, 2022 millions of Ukrainians had to leave their homes or stayed in the territory cut off from the medical infrastructure. Most of Ukrainians do not have possibility to get appropriate medical assistance. That is why LeoMed Foundation united partners, who can provide telehealth support in all places where at least 2G connection exists, as well as the ones who made their aim to evacuate people with serious illness or disability and hundreds of physicians who continue medical practice in Ukraine during the war.
The Call For Help
Ukraine faces a «devastating humanitarian crisis» as casualty figures rise and hospitals struggle to cope.
«Conflict between armed groups and government forces in eastern Ukraine has affected millions of people since 2014, when the fighting first began. By December 2021, violence on both sides of the 450-kilometer “line of contact” (LoC) had claimed the lives of more than 3,400 Ukrainian civilians, with more than 7,000 injured, according to estimates from the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR). These numbers are certain to rise, given the Russian invasion of February 2022.»
«We are working to rapidly scale up our medical and humanitarian response in various parts of the country, based on where our assistance will have a significant impact.»